Friday 31 May 2019

Three thousand steps before brekkie

This is the story on my new job.

Beginning of May I arrived in Scone, NSW after a great 17hour drive from the Whitsundays. 

I took a live in job as a horse trainer and groom with a family of 3. Here I take care of 7 horses. Six and a half really ;-)

So everyday I wake up at 6:45AM to snooze once and be outside by 7 to feed the horses. Mixing up everyone's specific feed according to their meal-plans (I swear these horses get better food then I do sometimes 😂), splitting up the guys cuz they ain't of the sharing kind and skipping out the paddocks takes me a good three quarters of an hour before I can go back in to feed myself. 

After brekkie, I've got about 4 hours to get all the horses worked. As I've learned this past month it's quite impossible to properly ride 6 horses in less then 4 hours as they all have their own 'special care' programs going on too 😅

Time flies out here. On Thursdays I cook diner and I've usually got my day off on Monday, there doesn't seem to be much in between (on either side!).
I'm not agreeing with the falling (plummeting more like it) temperatures around here, but summer will be back around soon enough and in the meantime; if it stays cooler longer in the mornings that means I don't have to get up at 5 anymore in the weekends to get everyone fed and tacked up to go hunting, woehoe!

Writing and blogging has taken a back seat this past month, I'll probably get back to it again more in the following ones. So much to tell you about Singapore and the tropical north east coast !! 

that'll be all for now,
xoxo Liz




Phuket birthday adventures

Two thousand nineteen has been a good year. Already. On the 3rd of April I celebrated my birthday in solitude. My 5th birthday abro...